All residents of Livingston County and surrounding counties in Western Kentucky are eligible for a library card and are encouraged to become patrons of the public library.
► Library Card Application/Update Form
- The first library card is free. At the time of renewal, subsequent cards are also free, but the patron's record must be completely cleared of all fines or the card will not be renewed until the fines have been paid.
- In case of a lost card, the cost is $2.00 each for replacement charges.
- The library discourages customers from allowing others to check out materials on his/her library card.
- Liability for misuse may be avoided by reporting lost or stolen cards immediately.
- Library cards must be presented each time a customer wishes to check out materials.
- Owning a library card makes the person or their guardian responsible for materials checked out on that card.
- Applicants under the age of 18 are required to have a parent or guardian give their consent on the application form.
- Signing the library cards means the customer agrees to assume responsibility for all who make use of the library card, pay all fines and/or other charges incurred, notify the library of any changes of address, inform the library is the card is lost or stolen, and comply with the Patron Code of Conduct.
- Applicants must be at least 5 years old to obtain a library card.
321 Court Street
Smithland, KY 42081